Skiing!

Skiing!
Cecilia and I skiing outside the cottage

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Houses?

Every Saturday and Sunday I pick up the paper outside the house and one of the first pages I turn to is the real estate ads. I don't know what attracts me? Is it the idea of a new life? Dissatisfaction with my current residence--which I shouldn't feel, I live in one of the most beautiful places in Boulder--Chautauqua Park. Is it the new feeling of responsibility that I should feel having a two-year old daughter whose stuff keeps growing. It's like the toys are mating with each other and producing more toys. So much stuff. As the toys expand--I guess I think of a place with more space, even though my wife emphasizes how people live in Europe or New York City. I try to remind her we are living in neither Europe nor New York City, but her argument still stands on: A smaller house brings families together. I guess that's true but what if you want a little space from your family?

No comments: